Monday, December 8, 2008

Slackin', Sick and Senile.

Since my return to the great state of California you may have noticed a significant lapse in blog posts here at 15 rides. I could come up with a myriad of excuses about being captured by rabid gangs of angry motorists and forced to give up my hardline pro cycling stance but I simply won't. I'll just tell you that I've been busy with some other stuff, like sitting at home doing nothing and working...

However on a more serious side I've been considering my next move. Yes, 2008 is rapidly nearing it's end and before the year comes to a screeching halt on December 31st to make way for the shiny and new 2009 I am carefully planning my 2 wheeled assault on the world, and I mean "World" like American Baseball and means World as the league doles out the Title 'World Champion' when a baseball team wins the 'World Series', which only includes American teams despite the fact that there was recently a true "World" baseball tournaments including a number of teams from a number of countries that are not the United States, in which the United States didn't fair as well as the most recent World Baseball Classic champions Japan.

But I digress. I've been seriously considering what rides I will be doing in 2009, if I'll race this year (for real this time) and what beer I should endorse as "The only beer of 15 Rides" even though I will continue to drink a number of different beers, as well as a number of different types of vodkas, tequilas, wines, schnapps and scotches.

So far my thoughts for 2009 look like this: 1 century ride every weekend. That's right. 100 miles every Saturday or Sunday. Then KOM Challenge, The Death Ride and Everest Challenge. And maybe some other rides like Solvang, Tour De Palm Springs and other favorites.

We'll see though. I'll be solidifying my plans soon, as the month is almost done.

No comments: