Monday, November 24, 2008

El Tour de Tucson = El Tour de WTF???!!!?!?!!?!?!

The Ride Report that was to be published today has been pushed back and will post on 11/25/08. First of all, I made a commitment to some close friends that I would clean up the content on this blog, and I feel I've done a pretty good job of that. So... Sorry guys, This post is going to be bad. I wasn't at El Tour de Tucson, but...

If further proof that Arizona is the F$%ktard A$$hole capital of the world was needed (I personally think there is already plenty of proof) it was published yesterday at www.azstarnet.com. Apparently some old guy in a car decided it was appropriate to run over ten cyclists, survey the damage, and then drive off. Yea, you read that right.

At El Tour de Tucson, a very large, very well known century ride that covers much of the sprawling Tucson metropolis, about 60 bicyclists were riding west on Ina Road, east of Oracle Road, at about 10:20 a.m. A car driving east made a left turn into the resort and hit 10 of the bicyclists. The driver got out of his car and observed the damage to the vehicle and the bicyclists before getting back into his car and fleeing.

"The driver got out of his car and observed the damage to the vehicle and the bicyclists before getting back into his car and fleeing"????? Are you F$%KING KIDDING ME???!?!?!?!!!? I have a serious problem with this. There are two groups of people I'm pissed at here if this article is accurate. First I'm pissed at the driver (given) but what about the other 50 riders? What the F$%k were they doing when "The driver got out of his car and observed the damage"? How many people does it take to subdue someone who's already gotten out of the car??? If I, or say, any of the 50,000 cyclists I've gotten to know over the past few years had been in that group of 60 that guy wouldn't have had time to "Get out of his car and observe the damage" with out me or someone jumping in the car, grabbing the keys and then subduing the suspect!!! Now, If this article isn't right, or if You the reader were there and saw this happen PLEASE write to me and tell me WTF was going on!!! Here's my e-mail.

I'm sure some of you remember the F$%ked up S*&t that happened back in January with that Melissa Arrington girl. If for some reason you don't, click here to revisit that whole mess. I'm pretty sure that if we were to take these two incidences, plus the slew of others I've heard about into consideration next time we vote on "Worst place to ride a bike" Arizona, and Tucson in particular, would take the cake.

Good job Tucson. Way to be only mildly s%&tier than hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Don't think I will be cycling in Tuscon anytime soon.

Greg