Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well, That's a Bummer

So, I've been doing the jersey thing for a while, for a year actually. I did my first order back at the first of December in 07 to get the ball rolling for 2008. I've been really proud of the jersey, and have gotten a lot of great feedback for the past year. But I had to make a decision today that was a hard decision...

Today I had to make the decision to pull the order off the table. I told everyone that I would close the order for the jerseys at the end of October, and by that time I had only sold two of the black jerseys, and not a single one of the white ones. I don't know if it's the new design or the economy or the fact that lots of people in my network already have "Share the Road" jerseys, but nobody wanted one of the new jerseys. Soooo, for now, this marks the end of the "Share The Road" jerseys. I suppose if I get some solid interest in the next year I'll put another order in, but for now, the jerseys are done.

The advocacy is still going to stay, the blog will still be there, but between the new post with PAA and the other stuff that's going on right now I just don't have the energy to really get out and push, then manage the jersey orders again this year. So for the two folks who did order the jerseys, I'm truly sorry.

1 comment:

N.James said...

Corey,

Did you happen to see bikesnobnyc's blog entry today? Someone has a jersey with a double arrow informing people of the three-feet distance. Either this man does not know where to ride his bike, rides in the middle of the road, rides on one-way streets regularly, or all of the above. As always, BSNYC provides his mocking commentary.

I'm sorry to read about the jersey order.

-Norm